Friday, August 7, 2009

Time to re-mortgage my home to eliminate ccd debt.?

I have about $30,000 in credit card debt due to a layoff (I am otherwise highly responsible). I have 30K in home equity.



I have very good payment history on my credit (I make double payments on my car, 10X the min. on my ccds). For the last 2 years I have played the credit card companies against each other with 0% interest offers. However, it appears my luck has run out because now they wont give me large balance transfer offers anymore. I have been sending about 2K per month towards credit cards so I have plenty of excess monthly income. My other 0% offers expire in Nov. Is it time to re-mortgage my home to eliminate that debt (I cant do home-equity in Texas)? Is it worth the closing costs and higher interest rate (current rate 5.15%) to take that route? As it currently stands, the 30K will be gone within 2 years without the re-fi the house. Please advise. Thanks!



Time to re-mortgage my home to eliminate ccd debt.?credit counseling





You strike me as being an ideal candidate for paying off credit card debt through refinancing your mortgage. The main reason financial advisers caution against this strategy is that many people pay off the credit cards temporarily only to run up huge balances in a few years. But you%26#039;ve shown yourself to be a responsible borrower who got into debt because of exceptional circumstances. In the meantime your current strategy of transferring balances to 0% cards has run its course and you are looking for an inexpensive alternative. I see no reason not to pay off the cards through a cash-out refinancing. Go for it.



Time to re-mortgage my home to eliminate ccd debt.? loan



I would recommend against using your equity to pay off the credit cards. If you run a analysis, you will see that you are paying ALOT more for the credit card debt than you will if you just pay them off. I don%26#039;t know what your house is worth, but your closing cost and the higher interest (run the bal owed on a mortgage calc to see how much you are adding) will kill you, plus you lose an important asset.



Good luck.|||Learn from this .We did that four times now the old lady Do Not carry CCd cards .|||Credit card debt is an inevitable reality for most of us. Unless born with a silver spoon in the mouth, we find it pretty much difficult to keep up with the credit card repayment schedule, and the result is a good hefty credit card debt. Things go worse if the credit card debt is attracting high interest rates and causing further burden. Paying the monthly minimum is one of the options which we all find shelter in and this makes things even more disastrous. Is there a way out? Definitely yes. If you haven%26#039;t already heard of credit card balance transfers, read on.



Credit card balance transfer is a process by which we can transfer our outstanding balances on a credit card (which are generally at high interest rates) to a low interest rate credit card.



Balance transfer has some good advantages let us look at a few of them.



Balance transfer is one of the best methods to get rid of that credit card debt. When you transfer balances all your outstanding balances are wiped out and transferred to new credit card.



Depending on what deal you get on the balance transfers the new interest rates on transferred balances could be 0% or a low rate for a particular period. The ideal situation should be to get all the balances cleared within this low interest rate period.



The repayment terms will also relax considerably as you transfer your balances.



Credit card companies bundle a lot of exiting features with the balance transfer program, this could be a no annual fee offer and your favorite reward program. Read more from: http://www.credit-card-gallery.com/credi...

No comments:

Post a Comment