Sunday, August 9, 2009

Is it better to take a settlement offer or pay off the full amount owed?

I%26#039;ve used several credit cards negligently in my youth. Now, many of them have sold my account to a 3rd party. Most of these 3rd parties are reaching out to me with settlement offers and different types of payment plans to pay only a portion of the debt back.



Is it better for my credit to take those offers or opt to pay the balance in full on my own timetable?



Is it better to take a settlement offer or pay off the full amount owed?honda finance





Depends. If they offer you a settlement and you pay it, they may write settlement on your credit report. Although the account was paid in full, it was still settled. If you offer to make payments in full on their time table, all is good. If you do it on yours, your credit will continue to go down.



All and all, since they went to collections, your credit is already shot. If you want to get out from under it and start anew, just settle and be done with it. It will still be on your credit for 7 years.



Is it better to take a settlement offer or pay off the full amount owed?

loan



Hi,



I used %26quot;Credit Solution%26quot; to settle my debt and improve my credit score.They managed to reduce my debt up to 58% .It%26#039;s legitimate.I came across this company on NBC News Special Edition.Check it out here:



http://memurl.com/furetu

No comments:

Post a Comment