Friday, August 7, 2009

Is This The Truth, Or Just A Scare Tactic?

Are rental car companies pretty good about accepting the collision damage waiver that is provided with a credit card? I found out today that my credit card that I will be renting a car with, offers the same type of protection as the rental car company I will be renting from. I was happy about this, because I originally was told i%26#039;d have to purchase the collision damage offered by the rental company, because I did not have any other form of insurance. When I read my credit card benefits agreement again, I found out I have it through my credit card, and will not have to pay $19.99 a day, which is what the rental car company was charging. Well, I called the representative i%26#039;m renting from, and he told me I should go with their insurance because through my credit card company I don%26#039;t know if i%26#039;ll really truly be protected, and if I went with the rental company insurance, I wouldn%26#039;t have to make a claim with them, like I would have to with my credit card company. Now i%26#039;m worried that



Is This The Truth, Or Just A Scare Tactic?credit check





Why don%26#039;t you call the customer service number on the back of your credit card and ask them what their rental car coverage covers.



If it covers you for collision damage to the car (which is what the rental agency is trying to sell you at $10 per day - multiply that out and its $3650 per year just to cover the damage to the car - pricey!!)



It is absurdly overpriced. They make a ton of money on that.



Either that or rent from a different car rental agency. If you have auto insurance of your own, call your agent and make sure you%26#039;re covered in a rental vehicle.



The collision damage waiver that rental agencies sell is so overpriced, it%26#039;s not even funny.



Is This The Truth, Or Just A Scare Tactic?

loan



I don%26#039;t know if its true or not...So, I would sugguest just calling your credit card company and get it directly from the horses mouth.|||Go with your credit card. The rental companies make extra profit selling their insurance. He is just trying to scare you.|||Unless your credit card specifically states that they provide collision damage protection, its a safe bet they DONT offer it. Some credit cards, like AMEX provide this insurance as part of the services but getting them to pay if you are in an accident can be a real nightmare.



Usually, you can get a rider on your own automobile insurance that will cover you when you rent. But you will have to talk to your insurance agent to get the prices.



Buying insurance from a car rental agency is like buying milk when you already own a cow.|||The only credit card I would trust to truly cover collision damage is AMEX. Get the extra coverage.|||Also, you may check with your private insurance company as well. There is some coverage (No-fault benefits, etc) that your insurance company would cover under your premium. I just rented a car last week and had no problems. (I didn%26#039;t get in an accident either, but i would have been covered under my insurance if I did.)|||if you had the correct auto insurance to begin with then you wouldnt even have to ask this question;I would not trust a credit card company to insure my rental car. I would go with the rental car insurance. my insurance will cover my auto rentals.hint:with allstate you is in good hands|||Both are correct. However as for the credit card, there may be a catch. You will need to pay a minimum sum (amount various) and the rest to be top-up by the credit card company in case of claim. The minimum sum is usually more than the premium charged by the car rental company. Its best to have a written note from both so that you can decide which is more economical and give you the peace of mind.|||If a credit card company say they will do something that benfits you . THEY are lying, fibbing , telling untruths.



you car insurance normally will cover you.



be dollar smart - take the car rental insurance not penny unwise.



visit daveramsey.com to learn how to handle your money before it gets you.



when playing with credit slave cards you will get bitten many times.

No comments:

Post a Comment