Sunday, August 9, 2009

The last time I rented a car, I was asked if I was taking it out of state. Just another ploy to add

I wasn%26#039;t asked this before, as far as I can recall. I have good personal insurance, so I decline the extra insurance offered.



I use a credit card (of course).



Live in Tennessee.



The last time I rented a car, I was asked if I was taking it out of state. Just another ploy to add charges?credit union





The reason they ask you for your credit card is to protect you and them for several reasons one is to make sure you do not take the car to Mexico, if you do then you are soley responsible for it for getting stolen and damaged. Mexico is very well known to do distructed things to other peoples cars there. and also another reason is in case you get stuck in another state who is going to get you another car? Ok you are in tennessee, if you drive unlimited mileage to Florida and you get into a wreck and how are you going to get back to Tennessee? Its not a ploy to get you to pay more. Believe me its not. but I will tell you is this. Read your contract very well. Also Make sure your car that you are rented is without ding, bangs damages and let them see it, if it is, tell them before you drive it away. and make sure you fill up the tank before you bring it back or they will charge you 4.50 per gallon a gas. Also read the contract closely the tiniest small print and dont let them take you, If you made the reservation to pay for a car sub compact for 199.00 a week that is 7 full days and the bring the car back before 12 that next day you should not be charged more than the amount plus taxes and other fees, the fees are for cleaning the car, tax fees in your state, and if you do take the car out of state there are out of state taxes too. if they give you a bunch of crap you can report them to the BBB AND STATE ATTORNEYS OFFICE in your town. I know it happened to me ten years ago.Make copies of everything if it does not feel right you have a right to complain about it and get it done right your cc card compan will stand by you. NOTE: Get peoples names by the time you complain they do not work there anymore mostly all of these agents are sub contracted out of the area.



The last time I rented a car, I was asked if I was taking it out of state. Just another ploy to add charges? loan



Since your rental car is registered in the state you%26#039;ve rented it they try to keep their cars in their own states. If you hire one in Vermont and drop it of in New York you might have to pay additional charges for the transfer of that car back to Vermont.|||Their insurance is based on States of operation. They need to know because it affects their rates and, of course, yours too.|||To protect themselves...



Say I rent a car in Michigan for two weeks...get unlimited miles....that%26#039;s good....drive it to Miami....2500 miles round trip...that%26#039;s bad for the car rent agency..

1 comment:

  1. Using RentalCars you can discover affordable car hires from over 49,000 international locations.

    ReplyDelete