Friday, August 7, 2009

Balance Transfer -- good idea, and any good cards?

I have three credit cards (Citi AAdvantage, Discover, HSBC) with a total of $8,000 debt. The largest chunk is now on a card that jumped to 31% APR after going over my credit line. I%26#039;ve buckled down and even paid off $1,100 on that card in the last month and am looking to start paying down all the debt, making a monthly committment of a few hundred dollars. It%26#039;s almost more than I can afford to do, but I know I need to do this.



I%26#039;m troubled by the high interest, and sick of the other cards, and actually don%26#039;t plan on paying for things on credit anymore (a lot of the debt is old) so I%26#039;m not worried about new purchase deals.



I don%26#039;t think I have the best credit and wonder if there might be a good card to do a large balance transfer (or one that might even offer someone like myself that large enough credit line) so I can have it in one place to concentrate my new efforts, and maybe even with a fresh low interest rate.



Many thanks!



Balance Transfer -- good idea, and any good cards?postage rate





If you go with Capital One you will probably get approved but I dont know if the limit is high enough to transfer all 3 balances



But Capital One interest rate is lower. If you get approved then transfer the balance from the highest paid card over to Capital One; pay it off then transfer the other 2 accounts to Capital One and pay it off



Balance Transfer -- good idea, and any good cards?

loan



Try Capital One they were good about offering low balance transfers to me. I also had a State Farm credit card with a low introductory rate that went up to 15% after 6 months.



You should also try lowering other bills to help you get your balances down. I refinanced my car at myautoloan.com and was able to lower my payments so I could focus on paying off my credit card debt. They give up to 4 offers. I received 3 and was able to skip one month.



http://www2.myautoloan.com/site/page/pg3...



Good luck.|||The Chase Platinum Visa offers up to one year 0% interest on balance transfers and it is easier to get approved for than other cards.



http://www.creditfast.com|||I put off doing balance transfers for a long time. I have no idea why. It was so easy to do. Best idea I ever had. It stopped the clock on my debt. Now that period is over and I%26#039;m working like crazy to pay off the debt because the interest is driving me crazy. i look at it on the statement and I get sick giving away all of that money.



Go for it!!|||I went with bank of america. I have NO regrets. It was easy and painless.



When you look for your new card be sure to get one with NO annual fees.



Also when evaluating which card to choose. READ THE FINE PRINT ON TRANSFERS!



* some banks have fees for the transfer



* some banks apply your payments %26#039;creatively%26#039;....So if you have a transfer on your card that has a rate at 0% and you have a purchase. It is a toss up on which will be paid first.



Either way, I am sure it will still be cheaper than what you are paying now but be sure to allow %26#039;room%26#039; on your card for the transfer fees because if you go over the limit on them then you will KILL the 0% interest deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment