Friday, August 7, 2009

How did Lowe's get my name and address after one visit to their store?

I made a $2.94 purchase and I paid cash! But two days later, I received a letter from Lowe%26#039;s, thanking me for my visit and offering me a Lowe%26#039;s Credit Card. This is Orwellian and it%26#039;s creeping me out!



How did Lowe%26#039;s get my name and address after one visit to their store?loan forgiveness





Did they ask you for your phone # in the checkout line? (I know there%26#039;s somewhere I shopped where they did, maybe it was Lowe%26#039;s).



I usually make up fake numbers as it irks me that they are trying to force me to be part of their market study. If you want to survey me, ask me, and I can accept or decline; don%26#039;t try to force me as part of my purchase. that%26#039;s not part of the deal.



I think that buying something from there store is enough, they don%26#039;t have the right to know my demographics, etc...



I hope you figure it out, I am curious how they got your info, too :-)



How did Lowe%26#039;s get my name and address after one visit to their store?

loan



just coincidence..lol|||If you recently moved and put in a change of address card many marketing companies access those records. If you used a coupon the code the coupon sent to your house so they know someone from that residence reedeemed it. Also many marketing companies access records regarding home sales.|||That is ODD.



They do have cameras in the store but they are supposed to use them only for security purposes. They can not take your personal information.



What I would do it march right down to LOWES and ask the manager. They have to tell you how they got your contact information. You might just learn something. I would diffinately do this right now.



I have shopped at Lowes many time and never got one of those letters until I decided to get their credit card. Now I do get them but it is understandable.



Do not let this remain a mystery. Ask them.

No comments:

Post a Comment