Friday, August 7, 2009

Having trouble getting a checking acct and debit card?

I have been doing business with the same credit union for 3yrs. Two yrs ago I miss calculated my checking account and recieved a non suffient funds. I paid them back, but had to close my account because I had no income. In Aug of %26#039;07 I was able to reopen my account but they would only let me open a savings account, they said after 6 months ( Feb) I could have a checking account and debit card. I went in yesterday, they said you can have a checking account for $25.00 but no debit card for 1 yr. I really need a debit card to sell on Ebay, online shopping ect...I declined the offer. If I go to a different bank or credit union, is there a possibility I could get one? Or is the NSF linked to all banks?



thanks!



Having trouble getting a checking acct and debit card?care credit





Sometimes it linked to all banks but.i would still try.I know a few of daughters friends had same trouble.I had one daughter who worked for bank of america..they close your account after 90 days of inst funds.Do you hae a compass bank near you?i think they take about everyone.Call and ask opening accounts clerk before you run down there...good luck!!



Having trouble getting a checking acct and debit card? loan



As long as you paid of the NSF, it will not hinder you at other banks.....I definately would search for a local bank in your town. I would not do business with credit unions as they have different rules than most banks with high fees.....If you still owe the NSF pay it off and you will be ok at banks.|||Since you have paid the NSF, you should have no problem with opening another account somewhere else. Check with them before opening the account to see what their procedures are with their debit cards. Some banks will do a credit check before giving out a debit card and others will be like the credit union you are currently with and make you keep your account in the positive for a certain amount of time before letting you have a debit card.

No comments:

Post a Comment