Friday, August 7, 2009

Easiest company to get a community college loan from?

I exhausted my stafford/federal loans via FASFA and I also reached my max at sallie mae for this year. My mom will cosign for a loan and she has good credit. I%26#039;m looking for about 5-6k one time loan with everything deferred unless the monthly payments are really small.



No, I can%26#039;t borrow money from a relative either.



I did like how easy it was to get a loan from sallie mae. All I had to send in was a photo copy of me and my mom%26#039;s ID, a letter stating I%26#039;m in school full-time, and that was it.



My tuition per semester (2 semesters a year) is only about 1400 but I would like to get 5-6k. I did try to get one with a credit card company (I had received an offer in the mail) but they denied us. I have two overdue balances on 2 credit cards and I%26#039;m only a full-time student...I don%26#039;t work so my income is nothing, lol. My mom%26#039;s is about 35,000. I want a loan company that is relaxed like sallie mae and will send the check to me, not the school. I would prefer they not contact the school.



Easiest company to get a community college loan from?credit score





I would check out http://www.ProsperLoanGroup.com for a small personal student loan. They offer loans with extremely low interest rates and there are no hassles or gimmicks. They are able to lend loans with lower rates then a bank because you are borrowing money from other people! It%26#039;s a great concept.



Easiest company to get a community college loan from? loan



Enron|||sallie mae financial.|||I realize that my answer is not answering your question, but I feel compelled to say it:



You are most definitely headed down a wrong path that will lead to extreme financial hardship in the future. Exactly how much loan money have you already taken out? What is your total loan debt? Have you stopped to think about how long these loans are going to take to repay? How much interest you will pay over time? What your minimum monthly payment will be? It is a completely ludicrous decision to take out loans to pay for all of your personal expenses while attending school. Your are sacrificing so much in your future in order to have things easier now. If you are repaying a huge loan debt for 30 years after you graduate, it is going to prevent you from having the ability to afford a home, a nice car, etc. Have you considered your actually ability to repay?



I suggest you get yourself a job. And work more than part-time. While this might be difficult while attending school full-time, I have been there and done that--it IS possible! It takes a lot of determination and dedication (keeping your eye on the prize) but you will put yourself in a much better financial situation for a very long time into your future. Living off of high-interest private loans is just the laziest and most financially irresponsible choice a student can make--and I see students doing this all the time.



Spend a bit of time looking through other questions on this section of Answers and you will see people who have put themselves in horrible situations with loan debt. Hopefully that will scare you out of the path that you seem to be headed toward.|||Did you max out scholarships, too?



Did you look at these Sallie Mae loans: http://www.salliemae.com/get_student_loa... and http://www.salliemae.com/get_student_loa...



The second one is paid to you, not the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment