Friday, August 7, 2009

Can someone register a debt based on a valid chargeback?

Situation: Company offers a service, I buy with a credit card, company provides something very different, worthless, and boarderline illegal, I request a refund, company declines, I call my credit card to have it charged back, the credit card company agrees with me and refunds the money.



Now company has hired a collection agency and is trying to ruin my credit.



What are my rights and best options?



Can someone register a debt based on a valid chargeback?student finance





I would contact your credit card company and ask them if the retail company is allowed to do this. Most credit card companies require that retailers abide by their decision in a chargeback situation, and the retail company could be banned from taking credit cards if they break the rules. The credit card company can be your ally in this situation.



Can someone register a debt based on a valid chargeback? loan



I would wait to pay it until they take you to court. Since I dont know what is going on in your situation, what you signed etc, it is hard to guess what the outcome would be but it is worth a shot. Just explain your position to the judge, be honest and have plenty of evidence, keep all of your papers from the company, list phone calls they make to you and you to them etc. But if you signed any sort of contract you can forget about winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment