Sunday, August 9, 2009

Do you worry about paying your bills on time?

I always forget about paying my bills that I don%26#039;t see as important like mobile phone bills and internet bills. I put them on the fridge or leave them laying around somewhere and they always go overdue, I don%26#039;t really care because I know they wont cut off my service immediately anyway, for example my internet compant only offers direct debit from credit card to pay my bill. My credit card has only a $200 limit as it is for online purchases and we don%26#039;t want debt so I NEVER know when the net company is going to bill me and pretty much every time they try to take the money it is not in there and I fix them up a week later when they try again. Is this slackness going to affect us in a negative way?



Do you worry about paying your bills on time?commericial loan





I only worry about having money to pay my bills on time...want to lend me some of that 200,000.... :)



Actually, I keep a very detailed account of my spending each month. Before the new month (I already have September laid out) I create a list of what bills will need to be paid, when they are due, how much the monthly payment is, and if I have a total amount due (in the case of cc) I include that. As soon as I pay one off, I cross it off the list with a red marker. Once the payment clears with my bank, I put an X next to it.



Your habits will only affect you in the long run (as the first poster explained.) I know you are going to be getting a house, but for me (in an apt.) if I am late on my cable, phone, electricity, etc. it is grounds for them to terminate my lease. Also, if you were to let your phone bill go for a while, they can cancel your contract and demand full payment at once or they will pass it along to a collection agency (and that has happened to me as well....)



Do you worry about paying your bills on time?

loan



Yes overtime this will become habitual and will extend to other areas of your life.



Best way to do, say you are paid on 30th of every month, call up your gas company, electricity company, internet company, phone company, water company etc, and say, look, I am paid 30th of every month, I want to pay your bills immediately when I get paid. Instead of paying overdue bills, you are always on time, and you can pay by internet banking / phone banking in one go and you know you have enough money to cover your bills. The left over will be the real money left for you to save / spend.|||Thanks for reminding me. I have to go pay my phone bill|||Every time you are late on a bill you are hurting your credit score which will effect you later on in life

No comments:

Post a Comment