Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What to worry about in scicily?

I am a u.s. citizen moving soon, out there and have never been. I was told that poverty is really bad along with a high unemployment rate. I have a young daughter (1 yr) and was told it is enevitable that my car would get broken into and my home as well also that scicilians are agressive, rude, and have a destinct difference between them and italians. I%26#039;m excited to go, but am worried as well. Is there nothing positive there? What are the most important things I must know, before transferring?



What to worry about in scicily?horses for loan





I just moved from Italy back to the US this summer I would say be careful of the gypsies, they will break into your house, your car, be prepared to pay an increase in your car insurance, You only have Geico and USAA over there. I would get a vonage account if I was you it will be alot cheaper calling back and forth to the states because then you will have a low phone bill. If you like pasta then you are in for a treat, Its not a bad place, you can do alot of travelling to England and Germany for low prices.



What to worry about in scicily? loanNo problem, I believe in answering questions because i know the answer, I am not here to judge your spelling or grammar. Good luck over there. I loved it. Report It

|||How to spell would be a good start.|||I%26#039;m of Sicilian descent on my mother%26#039;s side-having been there several times, I will say that petty crime is an issue. They can be rude, obnoxious and agressive-but no worse than New Yorkers. If you are polite, make an effort to learn the language and customs, Sicilians can be some of the nicest, most generous people in the world. Because of the foreign invasions over the centuries(Greeks, Romans, Saxons, Normans, French(Several times),Spanish,Germans(several times),British,and Americans, Sicilians have become very insular. But (I%26quot;m assuming that you%26#039;re going to the Naval Air Station) enjoy- you%26#039;ll have the best of both worlds-good access to American commissaries and consumer goods at the Navy Exchange,access to real American health care for your 1-y/o, and an American community-Enjoy your time over there-Good Luck!|||Only 1 thing.They%26#039;re going to ask you %26quot;Do you know how to spell Sicily%26quot;

No comments:

Post a Comment