Sunday, July 12, 2009

I'm an american citizen, living in Argentina and i want to move to u.s. with my kids, also Am.

I%26#039;m divorced and I want to move back to Florida with my 3 kids (all naturalized u.s. citizens). If I move without the consent of my ex, will the American Government help us stay in the U.S. or will I have to return to Argentina so their father can see them 4 days out of a month! I have sole custody and he is not involved in helping me raise my kids. His motto: I provide, you raise them. Ya that was great when we were married but there%26#039;s no alimony for ex wives here, only child support and it%26#039;s impossible to find a job here. (high unemployment rate). Also, I don%26#039;t have any family here. I%26#039;m alone. Help!!



I%26#039;m an american citizen, living in Argentina and i want to move to u.s. with my kids, also Am. citizens.Help!!honda finance





if your a american citizen you shouldnt have a problem and the kids are american citizens inform him you wish to move back to the states arrange some type of visitation where he can get them on hoildays and school closings also talk with the courts there good luck report DR.Z a** i did u do it 2



I%26#039;m an american citizen, living in Argentina and i want to move to u.s. with my kids, also Am. citizens.Help!! loan



if you father wants to see his kids it%26#039;s his responsability to come and to wherever the kids are. if he can%26#039;t get into US-- well that%26#039;s his problem.|||call and talk to the U.S. Embassy. They should be able to answer your questions.|||You and your children are American Citizens. I highly doubt The U.S. would make any of it%26#039;s citizens live outside of the country because of visitation! Besides, you said you have sole custody, not joint, so I would think there really wouldn%26#039;t be much HE could do.|||If their is a court order in Argentina that provides that you will make the children accessible to him, he can have the Argentine government ask to extradite you for kidnapping, if you leave the country without his permission.



You need to contact a US attorney that has expertise in marital and international law. Google for attorneys in Florida.|||Since you are all US citizens, then I recommend that you and your children get to Florida as quickly as possible. If you have sole custody, this should not be a problem. Your ex husband will have to return to the US to petition family court for visitation rights, which you can contest. There is NO WAY you will have to send your children to S. America four days out of every month. Worry about that when you get here. Just LEAVE! Once the US family court is involved he will HAVE to at least pay child support if he wants to ever see the kids. Get on expedia.com, get your tickets, and get the hell outta there!|||You have answered your own question. Once you arrived here there is a high statistics that any judge would gave you again full custody of your children and you can still fill out for child support even if you would never get it, but if he comes over to see the kids and he is acting up you can get him for lack of child support and have him spend a few months in jail. Remember once you leave Argentina he is SOL since he would not be able to do anything against you because Argentinian%26#039;s laws do not stand in any court in the USA. Good luck and welcome to the welfare system.|||American Embassy, you need to contact them.



If not, try our Government. I hope you have



birth certificates for the children.



Good luck.|||Under Argentinian law, you cannot travel outside Argentina with the children without the permission of the non-travelling parent. (1)



You will need to consult with an attorney on how you can return to the U.S. wiithout losing custody of the children. I did find the reference below. (2)



And, you should make contact with the American embassy in Argentina to seek their advice or, at least, a referral to an attorney in Argentina who can help. (3)|||Come home, the government will protect you.

No comments:

Post a Comment