Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Why do my parents treet my brother so much better than me?

ok my parents have always treeted my older brother better than me. but for christmas this year they went to far. my older brother (19) got a car ($800) and I (17) got $50. i asked for some money to pay for a skiing trip in in a few weeks, and the trip costs $200. people have told me that i should not be jellous of my brother, but my parents spent so much on him and only gave me 1/4 of what i need for the trip. I know that I will not get a car when I am 19, my parents have as good as told me that. (they baught the car from my grandparents.) and my parents are always conplaining that we never have enough money. some months we have to chose between bills and food. what can i do? i have tryed to get a job, but the unemployment rate here is as high as it has ever been. i was told by 2 job angentcys that it is imposable for a teen my age to get a job in this town. also what can I do about my parents? i am sick of always getting left overs, while my brother gets so much.



Why do my parents treet my brother so much better than me?no fax loan





just know that one day you will be making lots of money, and your bro will be living on the streets.



Why do my parents treet my brother so much better than me? loan



It doesn%26#039;t seem fair does it? My parents were the same way (and still are) with my older brother. It never gets better. Just pray that your parents will soon realize that your brother is no better than you are.|||Yeah but it doesn%26#039;t mean. They don%26#039;t love you. It just becuase that they are older but when they move out and you have a little sister or brother they would feel the same way too.|||they love him more thats all|||Finish ur education try to get a scholarship move out of town and don%26#039;t forget to keep in touch with ur folks|||That is tough though, he will be getting an education job soon anyway so you will have a couple years of getting spoiled by yourself! Does he work?|||I am a parent. I can also remember growing up and seeing my older sister get everything although she was so disrespectful to my parents. I think that parents sometimes play favorites without knowing it or sometimes because they know that you will be ok. Like you can make it and they you will. Talk to them and tell them how you feel.|||because you cant spell and are always begging for money!|||well im kinda of in the same situation,my mom has always been partial to my brother(hes the youngest of five)and shs treats his daughter differently than her other grandchildren.i guess ive gotten used to it but it did hurt for a long time.i just dont think its fair the the grandkids.but what really makes me upset is that she acts like she doesnt do it.i would say focus on youre own life and youll be fine.i know it hurts but one day shell need you and chances are your brother wont be there to help out then you can voice your opinion.|||You know there is a lot of people who didn%26#039;t get anything for Christmas. First of all, you should be grateful you got anything for Christmas. Parents do the best they can, children don%26#039;t come with instructions. Parents do what they think is right, not what you think. Nobody is perfect. Chill out , you will have children some day and and find that it isn%26#039;t easy.|||Your brother might be getting so much money because he is probably in college and need some money to pay for school, room, books, and etc. But if he%26#039;s not in college he is probably trying to go to college. If not that, he might need the money for something really really important that they don%26#039;t want you to know. If not that (sorry for the repetition.) then he%26#039;s the first child and most parents always treat the first child like a god! Which is totally unfair. What you need to do is, show your parents that you are not a failure. By that I mean to post your own jobs on walls of grocery stores on something. ( Like mow lawns, babysit, shovel snow, and etc.) I know it seems juvenile, but you need to start somewhere. I hope this helps you out.|||Well in most family%26#039;s one kid will always be liked better then the other one, but once it were time for my mom and dad. to get help when they needed it they now always comes to me. so it%26#039;s their money so I%26#039;ll say do worry about it. U try really hard to get u a job and let ur brother take all the hand outs, u be the better person!!!|||Don%26#039;t feel like your being treated better or getting left overs. Some times parents just do not have the heart to tell their children they cannot spend the same amount on both but that does not mean they do not love you. Thank God you not on the streets, and begging for food, and having to find shelter from the cold I am sure they are doing the best they can from what you have said. I know I always did the best for my boys no matter how big or how small they knew I loved them and they loved me. You see we were the type of family no matter what my children were taught love was the circle of the family unfortunately I lost my youngest son 8 years ago in a tragic auto accident he was 18 and I still to this day remember our last Christmas and have pictures appreciate every moment with your family, memories, and Cherish them because it may not be the same next year. And yes I still tell my son every nite I look out the window that I love him as I always did before he went to bed as he did also both of my children. Tell your parents you love them your never to old hug them and bring that circle together.|||I know exactly what you are going through, except my parents favor my little sister who is 14 and i%26#039;m 17. It is not fair in any way. I%26#039;m not going to tell you to talk to them because believe me that will do no good. I suggest that you should just kind of go your own way, show all of them that you just don%26#039;t care, go ahead and keep on looking for a job, that way you will have money to spend on yourself. Don%26#039;t let them no that they are bothering you, just keep your head up and be strong. This is what I do.|||maybe because he is a boy. why don%26#039;t u make a boyfriend and then win a prize or something and move out. maybe then ur parents will realise ur importance|||Probably because he can spell.|||Here%26#039;s what it says on the wikipedia website.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_chil...



[edit] Middleborn



Middleborn children have a diverse range of personalities. The habits of many middleborns are motivated by the fact that they have never been truly in the spotlight. The first-born always seems to be achieving and pioneering ahead, while the younger sibling is secure in his or her niche as the entertainer of the family.



Characteristics of a middle child: Mediator, fewest pictures in the family photo album, avoids conflict, independent, extreme loyalty to the peer group, many friends.



The middle born child may develop great social skills and have an easier time growing up with an other-centered point of view. The middle child knows what he or she is doing and tends to become very intelligent in their efforts to gain attention from siblings. Middle born children are usually quite talented, and their quest for perfection against their siblings can lead them to discover new and unlooked-for qualities, musically, academically, and theoretically. It has been suggested that middleborn children are more likely to be entrepreneurs. Karen E. Klein, a Los Angeles-based writer, suggested that a middleborn%26#039;s innate skills in diplomacy plus their flexibility in ideas make them more susceptible to entrepreneurship.



Many middleborn children tend to have several interests, or even obsessions. This is usually because they tend to try to find themselves more often than the firstborn or the youngest of the family.



The middle child may have an even-temper and a take it or leave it attitude (Adler, 1956). Adler (1956) believed the middle child feels squeezed out of a position of privilege and significance. The child is internally compelled to find peace within the family and may have trouble finding a place or become a fighter of injustice (Adler, 1956).



______________________________________...



You are considered to be the middle child. I was a middle child, I%26#039;m a mom of three children, all boys, and I always tell my middle son,%26quot; Son, you are the middle child, I was a middle child, I got the short end of the stick, as the saying goes, so don%26#039;t expect anything different than that%26quot;. He%26#039;s used to that saying, he totally hates those words, but he understands, I never promised him a rose garden or that life is fair, maybe someday you%26#039;ll get used to those words and remember to pass those words on to your children. They%26#039;ll resent them as much as my son does, and as much as most middle children have, but they are gems to live by, that%26#039;s life, you just have to get over it. I hope I helped you to understand why.|||Leave home.|||Sounds like you parents are not thinking right. They need to appreciate the one that is doing right and staying on the right track. Have you tried talking to them? It%26#039;s a shame that you have to teach your parents to love all their children equal, I don%26#039;t know what to tell you as far as teaching your parents a lesson: because it should be the other way around. I wish that I could say something to your parents for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment