Thursday, July 16, 2009

How do I make an Excel chart with different Y-axis values?

I want to create a chart with X-axis representing a specific time period and Y-axis representing Unemployment Rate (which is expressed in percentage) simultaneously with Wages (which is expressed in dollars).



How do I make an Excel chart with different Y-axis values?bank loan





-Chart the data normally; this will have both Unemployment Rate and Wages on the same Y axis.



-Double-click on the data series in the chart that you wish to be on the secondary Y axis. This will open the Format Data Series dialog box.



-Click on the Axis tab and choose Secondary Axis.



-Click OK.



How do I make an Excel chart with different Y-axis values?

loan



It may not be advantageous to try to show unemployment rate and wages in the same chart. The values (unemployment rate and wages)are probably so different that the chart would not look right.



I highly suggest using two charts for this data (one for unemployment rate and one for wages) because visually it would probably be much easier to understand.



If I could see the data then perhaps I could figure something out...



Below is what I typed earlier for a chart with only time period and unemployment rate:



You need to make two columns of data: One for time period, the other for the unemployment rate. You will probably want to sort the data by time period.



Highlight all the data and then click on the chart wizard (or go to Insert%26gt;Chart...)



The wizard should walk you through the steps... if you have any issues along the way... just update your question and I will try to update my answer...

No comments:

Post a Comment