Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Question about Oregon?

I have a question based on 7 years of observation while driving through Oregon. Every time I pass through there I see so many homeless people wandering along the hiways. I travel all over the country but I never see this many homeless people anywhere else. What is it? Is there a huge unemployment rate there? Did they close down all their mental facilities. Some of these people%26#039;s mental state scares me. What gives Oregon?



Question about Oregon?exchange rate





There are a couple of things that make it seem like that. First off, a lot more people hitch hike here than they do in other places. I%26#039;m not sure why, but I think it%26#039;s generally considered safer here to do so.



Also, Oregon cities have historically been pretty nice to homeless folks. Panhandlers don%26#039;t get as roughly treated as they might in California or Nevada.



Lastly, our mental health infrastructure is pretty broken, so you do see people who might normally have some help out there on their own. It sucks, but I also think that our homeless people are easier to see because we have a relatively small migrant population, and a small population overall.



Question about Oregon?

loan



There are 80,000 homeless in the greater Los Angeles Area (LA Proper). It%26#039;s happening everywhere... Why is it like this in Oregon? It%26#039;s like that almost anywhere... Have the meek already inherited the earth or has it inherited them...

No comments:

Post a Comment